The new trailer for Star Wars: The Last Jedi premiered last night during halftime of the Monday Night Football game between the Chicago Bears and the Minnesota Vikings. For fans, it was probably the most exciting play of the night.
- Supreme Leader Snoke: “When I found you, I saw RAW, untamed power, and beyond that, something truly special.” (Speaking to Kylo Ren or Rey?)
- Luke Skywalker: I’ve seen this raw strength only once before. It didn’t scare me enough then. It does now.”
- Rey: “I need someone to show me my place in all this.” (To — wait, what? — Kylo Ren, who offers his hand. Dark side, much?)
Best Twitter Reaction:
- Neil Patrick Harris: “I just, you know, really want to be in a Star Wars movie. I feel like a kid again. So stoked.”
Other Cool Stuff:
- Rey in Jedi training.
- Luke and his robotic hand accepting a lightsaber.
- Kylo Ren, finger on the button, poised to fire on his mother Princess Leia’s ship.
- A Porg, a cuddly-looking new creature already at a toy store near you.
Hollywood is coming off its worst summer at the box office in more than a decade. Is the Force strong enough in this one to turn the tide? The eighth chapter in the Star Wars saga opens December 15, and yes, tickets are already on sale.
What did you think of the Last Jedi trailer? Are you stoked? Share with us your favorite parts in the comments below!
By: Redbox writer, Donald Liebenson