A Creative Redbox Reminder

by | Aug 9th, 2012 | 8:00AM | Filed under: Other Bits, Redbox Focus

Ever have a day where you catch yourself thinking, “How’d things get so crazy?!?

A busy life can be a wonderful thing, but sometimes it’s hard to juggle all the items on the ol’ To-Do List, isn’t it?

That’s probably why one Redbox customer thought up this creative tactic to ensure her teenage daughter returned their movie:

Pretty brilliant, huh?

Have you ever devised a unique way to ensure you returned your Redbox movie?

Let us hear it!

Or if you have any other sort of fun, touching or inspiring Redbox anecdote to share,

please send it along to MRubin AT Redbox DOT com.

46 Responses to “A Creative Redbox Reminder”

1. jgaspar
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 12:22 pm

when i put the movie into the recorder/player, i put the empty OPEN case into my purse .. or near my keys .. or with whatever i KNOW i have to take with me the next day .. when the movie is finished, i make it a point to walk it to my purse and put it into the case ..
    that way, even when i’m ready to walk out the door, an empty OPEN case in my purse reminds me to go get the movie and return it ..
    if i just set the empty case near the recorder/player then i am almost certain to forget to get it when i am walking out the door ..

2. Tigg
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 12:23 pm

When i finish watching,the movie goes to the corner of the kitchen counter with my cell phone,or keys or both lay on top of it. I don’t leave the house without either,so therefore i make sure the movies go with me when i leave the house.

3. jamiedawson3
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I watch horror movies and my seven yr old hates horror movies so when I rent one I tell my son. After I watch it he bugs me until I take it back, usually because he wants a movie or a video game for reminding me to return the first one.

4. Mary Burrell
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 12:49 pm

we end up buying alot of them cause we forget

5. Linda
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 2:17 pm

Like some of the others I put the movie on top of my purse so I’ll see it and remember to stop by and return it. The setting a reminder timer on the cell phone is a good idea, too.

6. Jennifer
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I set a reminder on my cell phone to take it back before 9pm

Cynthia
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I tape a sign to the inside door with Bold-face red letters. “Reading (Cynthia, please return RedBox Movie/s by – Tuesday, August 13th before 9:00p.m.) Thks.

7. Joel
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 3:54 pm

I tell Siri to remind me the next day to return the movie.

8. Debra
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 3:59 pm

We put it on the Kitchen counter with family notes and outgoing mail.The Things that get looked at and picked up every day.

9. Heather
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 6:56 pm

When I get ready for the day I always check for a redbox movie just so I don’t forget…even when I didn’t rent a movie I still find myself checking for one.

10. francisco
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 7:31 pm

i set my iphone to remind me

11. lilia Martinez
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 10:30 pm

i check my email ever day and i dont erase the email that says i rented some movies

Richard Morris
    Posted on August 15, 2012 at 2:22 am

All those ideas are great.I have used them plus a few more.It is fine and dandy to do all of these things to remind us to take it back.But even with all the safe-Guards in place to not forget to return the movies. I will still forget to put it in the box when I go out to take it back. so when I return home and pull it out and set it on the counter,my 11yr. old ask’s what movie did you get.That is when I head back out the door to re-turn it again.We live about 10miles away from the box. Maybe one day,just maybe…….

12. Eric Ford
    Posted on August 15, 2012 at 6:29 am

I slip it into my wife’s purse.
    Hate it when she changes purses though
    Know what I mean?

13. Jessica
    Posted on August 15, 2012 at 9:37 am

I tell someone to remind me. Just by doing that I remember by myself. I’ve also put post its on my rear view mirror after renting them. This only works for movies i wanna return the next day

14. Essence
    Posted on August 15, 2012 at 8:45 pm

I lay the case in front of our tv on the entertainment center, so when i walk past it i remember to make sure i return it.

15. Tiffany
    Posted on August 16, 2012 at 6:46 am

My son is 18 still lives at and don’t have a job.
    If he don’t remember to return it, I take his Xbox controllers to wk with me the next day.
    He forgot once, he learned real quick!

16. Michael Powell
    Posted on August 17, 2012 at 5:32 am

After watching the movie I place the movie-in-case on the kitchen counter in plain site.Funny thing is…I’ve probably have spent more money on late movie returns than I have rentals.I KEEP FORGETTING TO RETURN MOVIES ON TIME!!!

17. Nick
    Posted on August 29, 2012 at 12:37 pm

I end up having to put an “appointment” on my Outlook calendar (adding a reminder is key!) to make sure I return it on time.

18. Michelle
    Posted on September 11, 2012 at 9:23 pm

My husband dreads even driving by the big redbox, because he knows that if we stop to get a movie, we are going to have a couple of days. I do try really hard to return on time, but it is REALLY impossible to do so. The ones that I forget the most are those movies I didn’t really like. I think it’s because I am trying to remove ever even seeing them from my mind. I did recently keep “The Hunger Games” for about 4 days because I kept watching. I do the purse thing myself, but you know it’s bad when you show up at work the next morning and you have the EMPTY redbox case in your purse and the DVD is still in the player. I got a lot of laughs that day!

19. brodie mac
    Posted on September 17, 2012 at 12:44 am

I just watch it put it back in the case and I walkit a cross the street to my house! I know its not that easy for some but I have walmart across the street. Lol