See All the Good That Redbox is Doing!

by | May 15th, 2012 | 12:26PM | Filed under: Other Bits, Redbox Focus

Last fall, Fortune magazine recognized Coinstar (our parent company) as one of the Fastest-Growing Companies of 2011. We know we have all of you movie lovers to thank for our incredible success. And so we wanted to make sure you were aware that on top of providing you with a fun, easy and affordable way to rent the latest and greatest DVDs, Blu-ray™ Discs and games, we also make it a priority to take care of the environment and the communities we serve.

Here are just a few of the ways we’re doing that:

• Our parent company reduced its carbon footprint by 15% in 2011.
  • Have you seen us in your community? One in four of our employees volunteered in 2011.
  • Redbox refurbishes more than 1,500 kiosks per year and recycles everything that can’t be reused.
  • The facility that refurbishes Redbox kiosks only throws out one trash bin’s worth of stuff each week!

To learn more about what Redbox and Coinstar are doing to give back and stay green, check out the full Coinstar Corporate Responsibility Report right here. And thanks once again for your business.

Click here to download a copy of the Coinstar Corporate Responsibility Report:

11 Responses to “See All the Good That Redbox is Doing!”

1. Rosemary Lumpkin
    Posted on May 22, 2012 at 8:14 pm

I have been happy with Red Box up until today I selected “Contraban” to rent and with out looking pulled the movie out of the red box and put it into my purse the tonight I pulled it out of my purse and it was not “Contraban” it was “Newyears Eve”i made my selections from the A-Z this movie looking A-Z should not have been sent out the slot.
    How do i get a refund?

Thanks

Rosemary Lumpkin

2. Amy Pfeiffer
    Posted on May 25, 2012 at 10:38 pm

Glad to read that Coinstar Inc. is trying to make a difference. I have an idea that I hope one of you Redbox/Redblog types will respond to, as it will help in many ways: 1) lessen the environmental impact/carbon footprint/cost for folks like us who live 20 – 25 miles away from a Redbox, and 2) help our poor beleaguered rural and remote Post Offices, which are in danger of being summarily closed by short-sighted bureaucrats in Washington D.C.
    Here’s my idea: like that other media rental company, the “N” word, offer a pre-paid return envelope when you pick up your item from a Redbox. Then you just pop it in the mail back to the Field Rep. so that s/he can replenish the inventory when it’s returned.

This is JUST an initial proposal – I’m sure there are details and ramifications to work out, but as a very occasional Redbox renter, I’d be much more inclined to rent (and pay an extra 1 or 2$) if I didn’t have to make a special 20-mile trip to return a rental.

3. Michael E. Rubin
    Posted on May 25, 2012 at 11:18 pm

Hi Amy,

First of all, thank you for the kind words. They are definitely appreciated.

Second, thank you for chiming in with your ideas. We appreciate the time and thought you put into them, and will definitely forward your note to the right people here at Redbox.

If there’s anything else we can do for you, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

At your service,
    Michael E. Rubin
    Redbox Sr. Manager, Social Media
    mrubin@redbox.com

4. Brenda Lowe
    Posted on May 28, 2012 at 10:09 pm

We rent movies from the Kiosk in Walmart, Cornelius, OR. We get movies sometimes that don’t play all the way thru because they have bad scratches on them. We don’t know this until we pay for it & I can’t find anywhere on the Kiosk to get a refund or even let anyone know that the movie is bad. That’s not very good customer service, or is that not provided for $1.20 movie?? The worst part about this is we end up seeing part of the movie & then nothing for the rest of the night.

5. Mike
    Posted on June 2, 2012 at 4:53 pm

i go to Redbox all the time. We probably have around Ten in our area so going online to reserve works great! There is usually always a Redbox that has what I want. I like the website also I like reading the reviews from ordinary people before I go to rent. Thanks

6. Mary Trower
    Posted on June 4, 2012 at 12:35 pm

I called the Redbox phone number and talked to a delightful customer service rep. but I wanted to share this visually so that others who may agree may chime in and therefore get some action on this idea. I ask that the screen that covers the outside Redboxes have a magnetic strip on the bottom so that the screen can be flipped up over the top of the box and it will stay so that the transaction can be completed. It is very difficult to hold the screen out of the way and read or punch in codes, etc.
    Thanks for letting me give a suggestion. I hope you will accept it. I know magnets are expensive, but they would be a real help to the customers.

7. CJay
    Posted on June 5, 2012 at 2:44 am

For those people looking to get a refund and or contact Customer Service, Redbox makes it very easy to contact them regarding any problems you may have with a DVD or Video Game Rental. On the plastic case that your DVD or Game came is stored, Redbox provides a toll-free phone number for customers to contact them regarding any questions you may have. 1-866-REDBOX3. Their Customer Service is EXCELLENT. When I had to call They promptly credited me for they DVD that did not work and for my troubles they provided me with a code for a free movie rental.

8. Michael E. Rubin
    Posted on June 5, 2012 at 10:18 am

Hi CJay — I’m definitely biased, but I think our Customer Service team is one of the best in the business. Sure, we sometimes mistakes, but the overriding principle we operate under is to do whatever we can to make the customer happy. We’re glad to hear that it translates through in the experience you had.

Hi Mary — It’s definitely a good suggestion. We’ll see what we can do. In the meantime, we often suggest to people that they put something like a phone that will weigh it down. Thanks!

Hi Mike — We sometimes wonder whether or not people are actually reading the reviews, so your comment is definitely appreciated. By the way, nice name.

At your service,
    Michael E. Rubin
    Redbox Sr. Manager, Social Media
    mrubin@redbox.com

9. Robi
    Posted on August 7, 2012 at 11:14 am

I LOVE Redbox!!! It is so convenient because there are two kiosks right by my house. So easy!

10. David D....
    Posted on August 17, 2012 at 12:50 am

I agree Red-box is good, but I do thank it would be a good idea to be able to get a postage paid envelope and if you had to pay a $1 more it would be worth it… Especially if like me too that lived close to 20 miles away from the nearest Redbox… What with the gas prices and all a $1 more to rent would sure save you with the cost of gas… And please lets all try to drive less and car-pool if possible to see if we can get the gas prices back down if not I say by this time next month we will be paying $4 a gallon and who knows before the end of the year be paying as much as $5 a gallon….

11. Iguina
    Posted on October 18, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Sewing Machines… ..]any time to read or go to the content material or perhaps internet internet sites we undoubtedly have associated with..]…

gravura ceasuri