What to Rent This Weekend

by | Mar 23rd, 2012 | 9:52AM | Filed under: Interviews, Redbox Focus

Two weeks ago we introduced What to Rent This Weekend, a Redblog feature where we ask Redbox employees to suggest a movie our customers can check out after the work week is through. The staff pick from earlier this month was Courageous. What will it be this time around? Ooh, the anticipation!

Name: Amy Hill

Redbox Role: Redbox Customer Care—I support Redbox customers through online chat and emails

Amy’s Pick: In Time, starring Justin Timberlake, Amanda Seyfried and Cillian Murphy

This movie gives new meaning to the phrase “I didn’t get it done in time,” because in this movie’s world, that could mean your life!

In Time depicts just how short life truly is, and how we, as humans, take for granted each second we are given. Set in a futuristic world where society does not use money as currency anymore—but rather actual time—the rich are afforded the luxury to live forever. Yet, the poor struggle to keep their time going second by second. Sounds pretty familiar, huh? I was incredibly moved, sometimes to tears (get the tissue box ready, ladies!), to see how each character related to their ‘time’ and how they used their ‘time.’ Even the men will enjoy this mind-twister for a date-night flick! I would also recommend families with older children rent this one for a family movie night (it’s rated PG-13). We all can take a page from this movie to reinvest in the short time we each have to spend with each other.

Thanks for the tip, Amy!

Did she convince you?

Reserve a copy of In Time on DVD or Blu-ray™!

In Time

7 Responses to “What to Rent This Weekend”

1. traci allison
    Posted on March 23, 2012 at 11:07 am

THANKS AMY, IVE BEEN TRYING TO DECIDE WETHER TO GET IT OR NOT,YOU GAVE AN AMAZING SYNOPSIS,AND MADE UP MY MIND FOR ME.NO QUESTION, I AM GOING TO RENT IT TONIGHT HOPE ITS THERE.YOU MAKE IT SOUND GREAT THE STUDIO THAT RELEASED IT SHOULD PAY YOU TO GO AROUND AND TELL PEOPLE “WHY TO RENT IT”, LOL.
    ;)

2. Donna
    Posted on March 23, 2012 at 11:47 am

I’ve been thinking about renting this movie for a while, but wasn’t sure it would be good. I think I’ve been convinced now.

3. Elizabeth Kelly
    Posted on March 23, 2012 at 2:49 pm

Don’t waste your time! Saw it in the theater, and wished I could get my money back. Needs a better ending.

Matt E
    Posted on March 23, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Don’t waste your time! Saw it from Redbox, and wished I could get my money back. Needs to be all better through out the whole movie.

4. Jim
    Posted on March 24, 2012 at 1:55 am

Thanks Amy, I think I will rent it this weekend.

luis_maher
    Posted on March 26, 2012 at 9:24 pm

This is an awesome flick. Loved it! Thanks, Amy! Got good taste in movies.

5. Moviegoer123
    Posted on April 1, 2012 at 1:14 pm

I’ve been wanting to see this film however every time I go to Redbox, it’s “Out Of Stock”. I think I’ll rent this one over Spring break. It looks like a good film with invaluable messages.