The Redbox 5 (with Donna from Wisconsin)

by | Mar 30th, 2012 | 9:55AM | Filed under: Interviews, Other Bits, Redbox Focus

A few weeks ago we launched The Redbox 5—five fun questions we ask Redbox customers who we’ve gotten to know a bit through their participation and comments on the Redbox Facebook page, Twitter feed, or here on Redblog. This week we chatted with Donna from Oak Creek, Wisconsin, who longtime blog readers will recognize from our Readers Who Rock series. And guess what? She still rocks!

1. What’s the one movie you couldn’t live without?

I can only pick ONE?!!?!! If I had to narrow it down, I guess I would go with A Christmas Story. Christmas wouldn’t be complete without watching it at least once.

2. What movie character you would love to hang out with?

I would love to hang out with Baby from Dirty Dancing. I’m a total klutz and would love to have Johnny teach ME to dance.

3. Share a time that Redbox made your day a little better.

Redbox always makes my day brighter, just walking past it in the grocery store and quick glancing to see what’s new. But I totally geeked out the day that my usual Redbox got a second box! I took a photo and texted it to my husband to show him our double-wide Redbox. I also got totally excited the day that I went to the Redbox and the technician was there loading new DVDs. It was cool to see what the Redbox looks like on the inside.

4. Besides a Redbox movie, what makes movie night perfect for you?

Popcorn, Dr. Pepper and a warm blanket to snuggle under.

5. “You had me at ‘hello,’” “I’m the king of the world,” “I see dead people” . . . what’s your favorite movie line? Ever used it?

I have lots of favorite movie lines and I use them all the time. My sister and I quote Dirty Dancing to each other. “Nobody puts Baby in the corner.” I quote Office Space at work. “Did you get that memo?” At home, I quote A Christmas Story whenever my family is arguing about something stupid. I use the Old Man’s quote from when his leg lamp is broken and they’re out of glue, but I change it to fit the situation, like “You use up all the toilet paper, on purpose!!!” (Maybe you have to be there for that one to be funny, but it always breaks the tension and makes us laugh about how silly we are to argue about stupid things.)

We love it! And we love the fact that you actually have the leg lamp in your home even more. That’s true movie fandom right there. Thanks so much for talking with us, Donna!

Stay tuned for another Redbox 5 interview in two weeks.

5 Responses to “The Redbox 5 (with Donna from Wisconsin)”

wanda chafin
    Posted on March 30, 2012 at 11:17 am

I usually quote “Gone With The Wind ” to myself ( lol ). But when something goes wrong I will quote “where shall I go , what shall I do ?” Then I answer myself with “Frankly my dear , I don’t give a dam “. It makes me stop feeling sorry for myself. I love the movie have to watch it ever so often..

1. Donna
    Posted on March 30, 2012 at 2:14 pm

That leg lamp isn’t actually in MY house. We visited the Christmas Story House in Cleveland where the exterior shots were filmed. The inside of the house has been remodeled to match the movie.

2. Robin
    Posted on March 31, 2012 at 8:11 pm

In Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts, (Vivian) asks Richard Gere’ Edward “can I call you Eddie?” He replied, “not if you expect me to answer.”

In Muriel’s Wedding, Toni Collette who plays Muriel who will do almost anything to change her life for the better makes some irrational decisions. Although funny to me, may not be to others was when Muriel’s sister would repeatedly look at her and say throughout the movie, “Muriel, your horrible!” Also, when Muriel and her friend Rhonda (Rachel Griffiths) as they were driving out of town shout, “goodbye Porpoise Spit!”

3. Moviegoer123
    Posted on April 1, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Great interview! It was really interesting to read. And using movie lines to breakup a argument about stupid things — that’s creative, I should do that sometime (that is if I ever remember any movie lines). The only movie line I remember is from Titanic, “I’ll never let go. I’ll never let go.”

4. Erika Olson

Posted on April 1, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Ah, I see. Well, then it’s still really awesome that you went and visited the house! My brother visited the Goonies house in Oregon and I am still so jealous about that.

- e