America’s Favorite Dog Movie of 2011 is…

by | Feb 13th, 2012 | 6:00AM | Filed under: Box Office News, News

Dog owners are a special breed. They love their pups with fierce devotion, and most will go wild for anything dog-related.

In honor of the Westminster Dog Show beginning tonight, Redbox is putting on a dog show of its own: the top dog movies in America, based on rentals in 2011.

Congratulations to the winner: Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore!

Cats & Dogs - Revenge of Kitty Galore

America’s Top 10 Favorite Dog Movies of 2011*

1. Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore

2. Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2

3. Spooky Buddies

4. Marley & Me: The Puppy Years

5. Chihuahua: The Movie

6. Cool Dog

7. Marmaduke

8. A Dog Year

9. First Dog

10. Beethoven (Family Double Feature)

* Ranked by # of rentals in 2011.

Share Your Favorite Canine Moments

Who’s your all-time favorite movie dog? Leave your comments below – and don’t forget to share this post with your friends (dog lovers or not).

In the Mood for Some Puppy Love?

If you’re in the mood for a dog movie today, check out these two new releases:

Treasure Buddies

5 Responses to “America’s Favorite Dog Movie of 2011 is…”

1. Sue
    Posted on February 13, 2012 at 3:22 pm

There is absolutely nothing better then snuggling with my 3 yr old grandaughter and my two goldens and watching one of the Buddies Movies. We have all of them now…………..

2. kristy
    Posted on February 14, 2012 at 6:36 pm

I would have to go with 8 Below. Such a cute movie!!!

3. mom in fl
    Posted on February 21, 2012 at 2:21 am

BENJI! Benji wasone of the originals! The movies are fun, sweet, heartwarming, teach great morals, and Benji doesn’t even have to talk in a cartoon voice. No worries of back talking kids or ridiculous ebonics slang talking dogs or thinking bathroom humor/fart jokes as the only way to try to get a kid to smile…ugh!!! I loved the Benji movies as a child, have shared them with my children (they paricularly love Off the Leash) and I read there is a new Benji film in production….I sure hope so and that it sticks to the same simplicity and sweetness!

4. Lando
    Posted on February 22, 2012 at 6:59 pm

Buddy frm Air Buddy. You can’t get no better. Without Air Buddy u don’t even have Buddies. But of course that’s who I grow up with.

5. suzette dalton
    Posted on February 28, 2012 at 2:03 pm

I prefer movies that are funny or about dogs and horses, and most animals. I don’t like romance but do like some action movies and would like to see some Alfred Hitchcock and The Untouchables if you have them.