Movie Trailer: The Hunger Games

by | Nov 21st, 2011 | 1:40PM | Filed under: Trailers

The Harry Potter movie series wrapped up this summer, and now that Breaking Dawn Part 1 is out, there’s just one installment left in the Twilight Saga film franchise. What’s a fantasy fan to do? I’ll tell ya: just hold tight until March 23, when the first Hunger Games adaptation will hit the big screen. We now have a full-length trailer to feast our eyes upon, and I’m thrilled to say that as a huge HG trilogy maniac, it exceeded my wildest (and ridiculously high) expectations.

Judging from this preview, the odds are ever in our favor that The Hunger Games is going to be fantastic. (Feel free to groan.) But seriously, I got chills AND my eyes welled up… and that was all without even seeing any scenes from my favorite part of the book—the arena action! I just couldn’t be happier about this trailer.

What say the rest of you Hunger Games devotees? And how about those who’ve yet to read Suzanne Collins’ best-selling novels about a future where pre-teens and teens are forced to fight each other to the death in front of a live audience—did this trailer make you want to hurry up and read the books before March?

Fantasy films at Redbox:

9 Responses to “Movie Trailer: The Hunger Games”

1. Mundane Dolphin
    Posted on November 21, 2011 at 2:15 pm

I GREATLY enjoyed the first TWO books, i thought the 3rd one seemed rushed and not nearly as well thought out.

WOW, this Trailer LOOKS good.
    Expectations, exceeded.

2. Dave
    Posted on November 21, 2011 at 2:29 pm

Just the opposite – I’m going to avoid the books until after I’ve seen the movies. The movie is almost never better than the book.

3. LaughingMouse
    Posted on November 21, 2011 at 6:06 pm

I’ve never read the books, but DANG! This makes me want to read them!! Since it doesn’t come out until March, I think I’ll take my chances and try to get through them soon.

4. Lise
    Posted on December 6, 2011 at 1:09 am

I was reading The Hunger Games when the preview came out at the Breaking Dawn premiere and avoided watching the trailer in an effort not to ruin the book. I LOVED the first book and have been waiting for a copy of the 2nd book from local library for about two weeks now. I feel optimistic about the casting and I can’t wait to see their fire costumes!

Paula Sendobry
    Posted on August 13, 2012 at 11:01 am

When I read this book, I could not put it down. It was full of excitement and you never what was going to happen next. After reading the first one, I had to get the second and third and they are just as good. I can’t wait to see this movie.I have trouble walking and don’t go to the show very much.

5. Ronald Wagner
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 7:24 am

Jennifer Lawrence

Ronald Wagner
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 7:25 am

Jennifer Lawrence, she will win it hands down

6. Melinda Johnson
    Posted on August 14, 2012 at 3:01 pm

My two sons in the Navy has already seen this movie in theator. They said it is awesome. I can’t wait for it to come out. The Color and acting on the preview looks great.

Myrtle Antonio
    Posted on August 20, 2012 at 3:22 pm

I love the trailer movie for the hunger game