by | Nov 16th, 2011 | 9:38AM | Filed under: Trailers

When I first heard that Kristen Stewart (aka K-Stew, aka Bella, aka That Really Awkward Actress Who Somehow Snagged RPattz) had been chosen to play Snow White in the upcoming action-adventure take on the classic fairy tale, I cringed. Absolutely nothing about her jibed with the image I had in my head (which was, admittedly, biased by the animated Disney film) of a graceful, innocent, and liable to burst into song beauty to whom forest animals, dwarfs and Prince Charmings flock.

And if you’ll notice in the new trailer for Snow White & the Huntsman, there’s actually not a heck of a lot of Stewart in it. The focus is most definitely on the Evil Queen, played by Charlize Theron. Yes, I realize that Stewart’s Snow White isn’t supposed to be like the Disney version but rather more of a fugitive warrior chick, but still—I can’t help but wonder if there’s a reason she’s not really featured in this otherwise impressive preview.

Here’s one of the film’s more elaborate posters:

snow_white_and_the_huntsman

What are your first impressions? I’m really liking what I’ve seen so far and hope that K-Stew plays second fiddle to Theron (and Thor himself, Chris Hemsworth in The Huntsman role) throughout. The visuals look pretty darn cool and Theron—judging from these short clips—has totally nailed the Evil Queen. We’ll find out for sure on June 1, 2012!

Redbox movies from the cast of Snow White & the Huntsman:

Fairy tales at Redbox:

12 Responses to “Movie Trailer: Snow White & the Huntsman, Starring Charlize Theron & Kristen Stewart”

1. Sparky
    Posted on November 16, 2011 at 3:39 pm

I had NO interest in seeing the film, but the trailer looks great.
    It did it’s job and I will now likely see in the theater.

2. Chris
    Posted on November 17, 2011 at 4:15 pm

The trailer looked great!! Not sure that I would have considered it based on name alone, but now I’m interested.

3. Poo
    Posted on November 17, 2011 at 4:29 pm

The trailer looks good, however I think the downfall is using Kristen Stewart as Snow White. Using Charlize as the queen was a great idea however. Kristen’s career has become very ‘Mary Sue’ and it doesn’t do her any good to allow Hollywood to use her so much so soon. Her career will be dead before its time. Same thing happened to Johnny Depp in the last 3-4 years, his movies are crap now.

Jesus Cruz
    Posted on November 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm

Rather watch mirror, mirror with Julia Roberts!!!!

4. Brittney
    Posted on November 17, 2011 at 6:09 pm

Uh, I’ll tell you why she (Stewart) isn’t feautured much in the trailer-she sucks at acting. Period. She can’t act to save her life. She does the same thing over and over, she’s whiney, she’s boring, she’s a waste of screen time. It’s a shame too because I love the concept and adore Theron, but I won’t subject myself to watching Stewart try to act and fail miserably. Maybe she should try having less sex with Pattinson and taking more acting classes with James Franco..well..it definitely couldn’t hurt.

5. Kelli Champlin
    Posted on November 17, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Looks good. Mmmmmmm Thor, lol.

Monty
    Posted on November 17, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I will definitely be seeing this movie. I do not agree with Brittany or Poo about using Kristen Stewart in this movie. Brittany are your eyes green? Because you sound like you are jealous. And Poo,Johnny Depp has been doing just great. The latest Pirates of the Caribbean shows that he is still great and a well sought after entertainer.

6. Angel
    Posted on November 19, 2011 at 9:13 am

Can’t wait but will see this because of Charlene and Chris

7. Brittney
    Posted on November 19, 2011 at 12:52 pm

haha, yes my eyes are green in fact but i can assure its not from jealousy. I have nothing against her personally, I’m sure she’s a nice person (a bit bland perhaps) but there’s nothing wrong with me having an opinion. You have yours. What I said doesn’t stem from jealousy, just from years of experience in the theatre; I know a little bit about how to critique good and bad performances (I’m not trying to sound arrogant by the way). She’s not great, period. I do not know a single person that thinks she can act well. Her only decent performance was in Panic Room. In fact, I actually hope she proves me wrong. Like I said, I have nothing against her, I just don’t understand why she gets cast when she can only offer sub-par acting. But I’d be delighted if she’d start proving me wrong! Then I could actually enjoy movies she’s in, because honestly I really love the idea of this one, just not her..

8. Connie
    Posted on November 20, 2011 at 9:17 am

I agree about using that girl Kristen Stewart as Snow White. The title sucks, but the trailer made it look good. That girl just looks too miserable to play the part of a beautiful, fair skinned character. If they really were looking for someone that is fairest of them all, they should have opted for someone prettier, with a smile at least.

And me
    Posted on December 11, 2011 at 11:30 am

Chris looks hot in this! He would be the only reason I would see it.

9. Lise
    Posted on April 24, 2012 at 12:16 am

Ditto on Kristen Stewart. I too cringed when I heard she was cast as Snow White. Why?!? Hollywood, why!?! Being “popular” may help financially, but it does not promote the integrity of the film. Hope she proves me wrong, but I’ll be rooting for Charlize on this one.