Movie Trailer: Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Starring (Duh!) Shia LaBeouf

by | May 4th, 2011 | 5:10PM | Filed under: Trailers

Longtime redblog readers might remember that I was a big fan of the first Transformers film, had extremely high hopes for the sequel, and then ended up being sorely disappointed (to put it lightly) by the migraine-and-cringe-inducing mess that was Revenge of the Fallen. Not even my boy Shia could save it for me. I certainly wasn’t alone among critics in despising the film, and the funny thing is that Michael Bay himself has been slamming it left and right as of late. Perhaps it’s his way of assuring fans that the third — and supposedly final — installment of the franchise, Dark of the Moon, will be back on track. In this weekend’s Los Angeles Times he was quoted as saying, “We got rid of the dorky comedy and we brought in some new acting talent. We have a good script. We’re shooting in 3-D and there’s a mystery in this story. It’s smarter. And we still have the robots and the best special effects that you’ll see.”

Watch the first full-length trailer below and see if you think he’s being sincere… or just messing with us:

I will probably regret writing this, but dammit if I don’t think Dark of the Moon looks worthy of the hundreds of millions of dollars it will inevitably rake in no matter what. Perhaps I’m just a sucker for any film featuring Chicago to such a great extent (especially since I saw much of the set with my own eyes), but honestly, the effects did look out of control. And there was no sign of “the twins” — hooray! However, I’m surprised that new cast additions Patrick Dempsey and John Malkovich didn’t get any face time whatsoever.  But then again, even Megan Fox’s replacement, aka Rosie Huntington-Whiteley aka Jason Statham’s girlfriend aka #1 on Maxim‘s 2011 Hot 100 list, was barely shown. Looks like it’s all about the ‘bots, as it probably should be.

What do you think of the Transformers 3 trailer? Does the film have the potential to rock, or are we just being fooled by a slick trailer?

Need to get up to speed before July 1? Reserve a copy of Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen.

9 Responses to “Movie Trailer: Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Starring (Duh!) Shia LaBeouf”

Jeremy F.
    Posted on May 4, 2011 at 7:28 pm

im hoping this is the EPIC movie of the summer…so far…its looking good…but the trailer for the second one looked awesome as well >.>

1. lightspeedsnail
    Posted on May 8, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Slick mile wide CGI with an inch deep in acting. I am hoping they did a 180 degree from the flop that was “The Fall of the Fallen.” Even Megan Fox couldn’t shake it enough to bail out that stinker. I’m not even going to waste the time, or gas, to drive and see #3 at the theatre. Sorry, but if I see this one at all it will be borrowed (and by borrowed I mean borrowed with my library card) from the library so that I don’t have to pay to see it. Sorry Redbox. When, and IF, I watch it, if it doesn’t redeem for the last appropriately numbered #2 that will be the end of the Transformers movies that I see. And I bought the first one when it came out on HD DVD. What? HD DVD rocks! /sarc off

2. Matthew the Movie Geek
    Posted on May 15, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I’m hoping it’s as good as it looks. I hadn’t seen number two in the theaters and a few months ago picked it up at my library for free. The thing that gets me is the fight scenes in both films involving the robots were too busy, meaning I couldn’t see what was happening between the two. Maybe that was intentional, as when you get close, things will be hard to figure out; but I hope Michael Bay decided take a step back, zoom out just a smidge, and allow us please to see who hits who.

That being said, the movie I am most looking forward to this summer, is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

3. tiffany
    Posted on July 4, 2011 at 1:29 pm

i was just wondering when transformers dark of the moon will be in redbox movies

Locke Peterseim
    Posted on July 4, 2011 at 1:58 pm

Tiffany, if you mean the theatrical film, it just came out in theaters last week and it’s usually about four months after a movie’s theatrical release before it is released on home video. So you can expect Transformers: Dark of the Moon on video and in the redbox kiosks sometime around November.

If you mean the video game Transformers: Dark of the Moon, it is available from redbox right now: http://www.redbox.com/search?term=transformers%20dark

5. Tim
    Posted on August 9, 2011 at 12:15 pm

When’s the release of this movie on DVD for “TRANSFORMERS”,” Dark Side of The Moon” going to be, anybody know yet ? Haven’t seen anything about it yet, if anything. I’m aware the movie is out + the game on xbox / wii / and other games, but when’s the DVD coming out ?

6. Erika Olson

Posted on August 9, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Tim – As of right now it looks like Transformers: Dark of the Moon (the DVD) will be at redbox on September 30. DVD release dates are set by the studios, however, and are subject to change.

Thanks!
    Erika

7. Gary Mendell
    Posted on October 16, 2012 at 9:10 am

Outstanding write up, properly discussed.

8. play games on computer
    Posted on October 18, 2012 at 12:06 pm

I was trying to locate the info for a couple of days then I tumble somewhat haphazard in this short article , many thanks