Movie Trailer: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2

by | Apr 28th, 2011 | 10:13AM | Filed under: Trailers

The trailer for one of the most anticipated films of the summer — oh, who am I kidding? the year — has arrived.  I’m referring to the moody indie starring Phillip Seymour Hoffman about… ha! Just messing with you. Obviously I’m talking about the final Harry Potter installment.

Take a look! (And consider yourself warned: if you haven’t read the book, this preview will spoil at least one character death… so if you don’t want to know, you best turn away now and resist pressing play.)

Fans who felt Part 1 might have been a tad too slow-moving for their tastes will probably not have that same gripe this time around, huh? As Harry himself (Daniel Radcliffe) said in EW‘s Summer Movie Preview cover story, “The new film is just a relentless action movie. It Just. Does. Not. Stop.”

The clips that got me the most excited were of the dragon in Gringotts and the few glimpses of Snape. I don’t even want to begin to think about how emotional I’m going to be when the final credits roll on Part 2 and everything is OVER. So for now I’ll choose to bask in the hype for the next two months and just let myself get swept up in Pottermania one last time. Sigh.

What did you think of the trailer? What were your favorite parts?

Get your Harry Potter fix at redbox before the final film premieres July 15:

11 Responses to “Movie Trailer: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2”

CJ
    Posted on April 28, 2011 at 11:19 am

Cannot wait!!! Although the trailer seems to make pt 1 look boring as far as action scenes, but still excited to see it on the big screen.

1. letsgo2themovies
    Posted on April 28, 2011 at 11:53 am

YAY! CAN NOT WAIT!!! IM EXCITED FOR EVERYTHING! THE WHOLE TRAILOR IS AMAZING! I ACTUALLY FELT MYSELF TEARING UP AS WELL CAUSE ITS THE FINAL FILM…END OF THE STORY! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA! I CANT THINK OF ANY OTHER MOVIES THAT FOLLOWS THE BOOKS SO PRECISE….WHAT I PICTURED IN MY MIND WHILE READING THE BOOKS IS EXACTLY HOW THE MOVIES ARE! mOST MOVIES NEVER CAPTURE ALL THE DETAIL OF THE BOOKS THEY ARE BASED ON..BUT NOT MY hARRY pOTTERS! tHEY ARE THE BEST!

2. Mary
    Posted on April 28, 2011 at 1:01 pm

My favorite glimpses from the trailer was the fight between Molly and Bellatrix and of them running from the Fiendfyre. The trip into Gringotts also looks really cool – I’m excited for all of it, though I started getting teary eyed thinking how it’s the end!

3. Tasha
    Posted on April 28, 2011 at 1:43 pm

If you had not announced that spoiler alert I don’t think anyone who hasn’t read the book would have book would have thought twice… You spoiled it more than the trailer!

4. Jason
    Posted on April 28, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Harry never jumps off a building with voldemort! That’s bullshit!!!!!!!!!!

5. Raul
    Posted on April 28, 2011 at 3:35 pm

It looks phenomenal!! There are moments that weren’t in the book at all, but I think it will only add to the emotional punch that will be delivered by the end of the film. I’m over the moon excited.

zac
    Posted on April 28, 2011 at 3:36 pm

wow wtf is that about with harry pulling voldemort of the edge of a cliff…i can promise you thats not what happened in the movie it looks like they’ve changed a lot. but im still gonna see it when it comes out!!!

6. Erika Olson

Posted on April 28, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Sorry Tasha — I’m damned if I do and damned if I don’t, it seems. But I always err on the side of caution when it comes to that kind of thing, and I did feel what goes down was pretty obvious from the trailer.

Erika

7. Martie
    Posted on April 28, 2011 at 6:46 pm

There was nothing boring about Part 1! I didn’t want it to end!

8. Jeremy F.
    Posted on April 29, 2011 at 12:22 am

spoiler alert!!! this is the last movie…lol

9. Diana
    Posted on May 2, 2011 at 2:50 pm

LOL!!! Loved it!!! Though I’ll be sad to see it end, too.