American Idol Goes to the Movies — Now Who Should Go Home?

by | Apr 14th, 2011 | 11:54AM | Filed under: Hollywood Chatter, Hum Along, Other Bits

Jennifer LopezLast night, the TV and film worlds collided on American Idol. The Top 8 had to strut their stuff by belting out songs from movies — and let’s just say that while a few contenders rose to the challenge, others faltered. Big time. But since I don’t want to sway your selection for the “Who Should Go Home?” poll below, I’ll keep my opinions to myself for now and then tonight or tomorrow morning, after the results are already announced, I’ll share in the comments whether I agree with who America sent packing.

In the meantime, a few other thoughts:

• Does anyone else think there’s a huge media conspiracy going on now that new Idol host Jennifer Lopez nabbed the “World’s Most Beautiful Woman” cover on People magazine? I’m saying this even though I actually adore J.Lo — I do think she’s gorgeous and truly seems like a warm, caring person. But Idol‘s been promoting her new single to the hilt, and now with this People cover it seems like there was some sort of collaboration between media empires at work. Trust no one!
  • During the show last night I found myself thinking about what movie songs I wish one of the Top 8 had chosen. The first that popped into my mind was the Grammy, Golden Globe and Academy Award-winning song “Let the River Run” by Carly Simon, made famous in 1988′s Working Girl. It’s always been one of my favorites, and I feel like it could’ve been a powerful choice for someone like Lauren. Was there a great movie song you wish someone had picked?

But now for the real question: Who deserves to go home?

Sound off in the poll below and/or share your thoughts in the comments.

Who Should GO HOME After Movie Night?

Loading ... Loading ...

Can’t get enough of the Most Beautiful Woman in the World?

Reserve a copy of The Back-Up Plan, starring Jennifer Lopez

5 Responses to “American Idol Goes to the Movies — Now Who Should Go Home?”

1. Lizzie
    Posted on April 14, 2011 at 12:45 pm

There is a definite J.Lo conspiracy going on. Last night Ryan Seacrest even highlighted J.Lo and asked one of the idols (I think Scotty) what it was like to sing to the ‘most beautiful woman’. Then the lights went dark and a spotlight was on J.Lo. She responded with “Ryan what are you doing?” Interesting…..

2. Carol R.
    Posted on April 14, 2011 at 1:21 pm

Scotty diffently would sing “The most beautiful woman” by Charlie Rich
    the best after he said that I was like- Right do that next week!
    His song last night would have been better if the back up singers would of been a bit tone down, made him sound off key.
    James was awesome as always. Jacob is another awesome singer but Vegas? Im not seeing that- I do believe he should go on to pop christian music
    The girls sing very well also but the Winner should be James. Paul is cute till he talks then its like “The Nanny” he is so naselly I can stand the voice all his songs sound the same. Stephano should get a job on a Nickolden show singing he should be with The New kids on the block ! Pia has glamor,sang like a bird,and body and clothes that fit the package ! she could of learned more upbeat songs and blew us away on those too My opion not the opion of the world

3. qteesilver
    Posted on April 14, 2011 at 2:13 pm

that mexican neyo needs to go home!!! he is horrible!!! pia should have been on there and won!!! they better not vote off casey!!!

4. Erika Olson

Posted on April 15, 2011 at 11:05 am

Interesting — the redblog voters predicted 2 of the bottom 3! I personally was hoping Stefano would go home — I just am not into his vibe at all. But clearly I’m in the minority… because not only was I not feeling Stefano, but I also absolutely loved Paul and was very sad to see him go.

Will be interesting to see how it all plays out! I personally think Lauren is the most talented, but really none of the remaining 7 have “superstar quality,” IMHO.

Tedda
    Posted on April 17, 2011 at 7:32 am

No doubt for me, that James and Scotty are the best and it’s going to come down to those two. Hard decision for me, because I think these two rock.

Still don’t know what Paul was doing there in the first place.