Welcome to Redbox on the Road, a video and content exploration of the redbox community across America. My partner-in-crime Jaime and I are producing and directing The State Fair Project, while also taking time to learn how people use and connect with the phenomenon that is redbox.
This is by no means a carefully planned operation. We’re winging it as we go, which means we can only guarantee irreverence and unpredictability. That said, a few things you can expect to see from us as we travel to state fairs around the US:
- Interviews with redbox customers at state fairs and at redbox kiosks.
- Opportunities to meet us at random redbox locations and win free rentals.
- Searing insight into movies and how they relate to life. *
- Video clips showcasing Jaime’s useless film school education.
Reasons you should probably check in every day to see what’s up in our world:
- You’re bored at work and need something worthy of your world-class procrastination techniques.
- You want free stuff and you’re hoping we might give it to you.
- You’re a big fan of state fairs and you can’t make it through the day without knowing the latest food that’s being fried.
- You know we’re already sick of traveling with just each other and would much rather hear from you.
By the way, we’re totally open to suggestions, so feel free to comment on when and where you’d like us to be. Check out our itinerary in the sidebar before commenting however, because it’s probably unlikely that we’ll come to Oregon if we’re already in Iowa. That said, we’re traveling for the next few months, which means we’re visiting even more places than are listed on the site today. Lucky you!
*Intentionally exaggerated in order to make us look THAT.MUCH.COOLER.