Freeze Frame

by | Apr 30th, 2010 | 6:15PM | Filed under: Quizzes, Contests & Polls

It seems like only yesterday I was wondering how it already got to be the end of March… and now here we are at the last day of April. Not that I’m complaining — it’s a gorgeous 80-degree evening here in Chicago and summer is right around the corner. Which means that I’ll inevitably have the nightmare I always seem to have this time of year: I fall into a deep sleep and miss all of the warm months. Shudder.

Today’s Freeze Frame challenge is loosely connected to the kickoff of the summer movie season next week… but that’s the only hint I’m going to give you. If you have no idea what to do with the images below, I’ll explain at the bottom of the post. Everyone else — get to guessin’!

Movie #1

Movie #2

Movie #3

The Freeze Frame rules: if you recognize the movies above, tell me what they are in the comments section below. The first to do so correctly gets his or her name in bold on Monday and will also be granted the privilege of molding an aluminum foil trophy for in his or her spare time. Everyone who guesses the link between the films — something they have in common — will also get their names listed, as well as the honor of crafting a Common Thread Button o’ Pride.

See, it’s easy! Good luck… and we’ll hold off on posting ANY answers until Monday.

18 Responses to “Freeze Frame”

1. Jennifer M

Hitch
    Shark Tale
    The Wild Wild West

Common link: Will Smith

4. Paul N.
    Posted on April 30, 2010 at 7:38 pm

Hitch, Shark Tale & Wild Wild West. Will Smith is the thread (I’m sooooo excited about MIB 3 and Bad Boys 3).

5. sheri
    Posted on April 30, 2010 at 8:04 pm

Mall Cop
    Shark Tale
    Three Muskateers

6. Will
    Posted on April 30, 2010 at 8:57 pm

Hitch, Shark Tale, Wild Wild West. The link is Will Smith, who has done quite a few summer blockbusters like Independence Day, MIB, Hancock.

7. millar74
    Posted on April 30, 2010 at 9:35 pm

hitch
    shark tales
    wild wild west

Will Smith -common thread

8. Ashley
    Posted on April 30, 2010 at 10:16 pm

Hitch, Shark Tale, Wild Wild West — which of course all have Will Smith. I suppose they recently announced MIB 3, but I don’t know why else he would be chosen this week …

9. M. Mason
    Posted on May 1, 2010 at 12:02 am

1. Hitch
    2. Shark Tale
    3. Wild Wild West

Common Thread: Will Smith

10. Catie
    Posted on May 1, 2010 at 1:41 am

1. Hitch
    2. Shark Tale
    3. Wild Wild West
    the link is Will Smith

11. Chanse Linder
    Posted on May 1, 2010 at 9:03 am

I’m new to REDBOX but I won’t be using them again! Please tell me how to get REDBOX to stop taking my money!!

I tried to return a DVD (Defendor) on the 29th – the machine was down – the next nearest machine is too far away. On the 30th I returned the DVD after the machine was working again. On the 30th I was charged TWICE for a rental. We called and talked to you when we couldn’t return the DVD – as per the store owners instructions – and you still charged me a late fee – TWICE – on the same day…. after you told me this wouldn’t happen!!

Please stop taking my money and put the money back you took without permission.

Thanks,
    Chanse Linder

12. Trevor L.
    Posted on May 1, 2010 at 9:14 am

Hitch, Shark Tale, and Wild Wild West. All with Will Smith.

13. Michelle

Hitch
    Shark Tale
    Wild Wild West

thread: Will Smith

17. Kimberly A.
    Posted on May 2, 2010 at 8:16 pm

movie number one is Hitch. Movie number two is Shark Tale. Movie number three is Wild Wild West and the link between the 3 of them is Will Smith!

18. Sparky
    Posted on May 3, 2010 at 9:00 am

Hitch
    Shark Tales
    Wild Wild West

Wil Smith whose son is in the Upcoming remake of the Karate Kid is the link.