Redbox Free Movie Wednesday Code

by | Mar 11th, 2009 | 12:00AM | Filed under: Promo Codes

UPDATE: Come back next week for a promo code good all day Wednesday, 3/18/09! Redbox thanks the 220,000+ customers who have taken advantage of March Movie Madness so far.

Want a free night's rental* every Monday?
Sign up for Free Movie Mondays with redbox SMS alerts and get a free code sent to your mobile phone every Monday!

*Good for one free night's rental. Code expires at midnight Central Time and is good at redbox kiosks only — cannot be used for online reservations on redbox.com.

63 Responses to “Redbox Free Movie Wednesday Code”

1. Kim
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 6:45 pm

This is a great idea! I signed up for the text code and only got it once. I don’t know if my phone rejected them, but I was signed up for a few months, and I only got that one code! This is perfect, because when I want to get the code, I can just log on and get the code! :o)

2. robert kronschnabel
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 7:42 pm

can you return the movie on thursday with no charge?

Posted on March 11, 2009 at 7:44 pm

Yes, Robert — when you use the Free Wednesday promo code (which must be used TODAY), you have the movie for free until 9 pm Thursday evening.

4. wheelerkatherine@ymail.com
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 8:13 pm

the box gives you the opion in the cart to put your wendsday code this is to Tracy

5. Tracey
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 8:15 pm

Dummies you need to read, it says that you cannot use the promo code for a online rental. Reading is fundamental!!

6. Zan
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 9:05 pm

OK- I gotta say, THANK YOU REDBOX! I was recently laid off from work (like 15% of all other Americans), and I LOVE that my wife, kid and I can still have Movie Night… now more than ever, thanks to how affordable you make it. Thanks again. You have a lifetime customer in me.

7. eve
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 9:17 pm

I missed today’s code but that is ok I will try next week . Anyways I still rented a movie today.
    So far redbox customer service has been really good
    to me. The reps are always polite and understanding
    Thanks again redbox

8. Scott
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 9:40 pm

I live in BFE so a cheap movie rental place is nonexistant… Thanx for finally inventing some cheap entertainment!!! Redbox is the best!!

9. Brandon
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 10:59 pm

the thing that sucks about the code on your phone on mondays is that i work monday nights so it does me no good but here i have wensday off so it works for me.

10. Amanda
    Posted on March 11, 2009 at 11:26 pm

can you reserve a movie online using the wednesday code?
    if so how?

11. phyl
    Posted on March 12, 2009 at 1:18 am

Redbox is awesome! We rent movies all the time. Thanks for the codes.

12. THE SARS FAMILY
    Posted on March 12, 2009 at 8:49 am

I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY CAUSE IT’S JUST GREAT AND PERFECT AND WE LOVE IT.

13. Nicky
    Posted on March 12, 2009 at 11:36 am

For all who asked – you use the code at the store not online. You cannot reserve online using the code. Go to you redbox location with code in hand, select your movie and at checkout use the buy with promo code option on the bottom of the screen. Swipe your credit card and bring back the movie the next day and tadaaaa no charge.