Regretting that extra plate of turkey and mashed potatoes? Realizing you shouldn’t have gone back for seconds of pumpkin pie? Feeling not so light on your feet after spending all day yesterday in a food coma in front of the television?
Take solace. At least it’s not your job to pack on the pounds, right?
Each year when the holiday season kicks off and I inevitably notice that the ol’ pants are feeling a bit snug, I make myself feel better by thinking about all of the celebrities that suffer for their craft by way of gaining a ton of weight for certain roles. Sure, they’re getting paid millions to do so, but I don’t like to get bogged down with those details. I just want the guilt of my sugar cookie binge to subside.
So who helps to ease my mind?
- Reneé Zellweger, who infamously gained, lost, gained and then lost weight before and after the two Bridget Jones films
- George Clooney, who put on 40 pounds for Syriana and then suffered a back injury during filming, to boot
- Matt Damon, who got all pudgy for his role as a whistle-blower in March 2009′s The Informant
- Jared Leto, who looked completely unrecognizable after his 65-pound weight gain for Chapter 27
- Fergie, who has already added 13 pounds to her Fergalicious frame for her stint in Nine
- Hilary Swank, who is being asked to gain 20 to 30 pounds for the adaptation of French Women Don’t Get Fat
I could go on and on, but there’s no need. Surely I’m much better off than everyone on that list, right?
In fact, I think I’m deserving of some left-overs…